The Brady 4R Winnipeg Depot location has two distinct drop-off areas:
- Recycling and Reuse
All other 4R Winnipeg Depot locations will accept materials for recycling and reuse only.
Recycling and Reuse – free drop off
The following items will be accepted at all the depots:
- yard waste
- recyclables (items that are accepted in the curbside recycling blue cart program)
- rubble (e.g., brick, concrete)
- ceramic tiles and other ceramics/porcelain (e.g., toilets)
- tree wood waste (e.g., stumps, logs, branches larger than one metre long)
- clean (not treated or painted) timber, lumber and wood (e.g., mill ends, pallets)
- scrap metal and major appliances
- oversized rigid plastic (e.g., buckets, patio furniture)
We are also working with the Producer Responsibility Organizations to accept the following materials at the 4R Depots:
- electronic waste
- consumer batteries
- lead acid batteries
- household hazardous wastes
- motor oil, filters, containers
This list may grow or change where markets are identified or when agreements with Producer Responsibility Organizations are in place.
Available at the Brady 4R Winnipeg Depot location only, for a fee based on the weight of the load.
- contains drop-off bins for materials that can’t be recycled, composted, resold or reused (i.e., garbage), and
- has scales to measure the weight of garbage for disposal.
Who can use the 4R Winnipeg Depots?
The 4R Winnipeg Depots are for residential use only. Acceptable vehicles/attachments include:
- cars, trucks and vans,
- single axle utility trailers.
All other vehicles will not be admitted to the depots and must use the main landfill entrance at the Brady Road Resource Management Facility. Tipping fees will apply to the entire load.